Friday, May 14, 2010

Nearly ready to pull out of town

I am excitedh and can hardly believe it. I have been packing and planning all year. Tomorrow I will get in my little Honda Fit with my two dogs and drive to Portland, OR to drop the dogs off where they will be very well cared for. I leave my car at my friend's house, and Sunday morning I fly Portland-Minneapolis-Atlanta-Madrid. I will see if they let me bring my trekking poles as part of my carry-on. Sometimes they are allowed, sometimes not. With two changes of planes, I'm nervous about checking them through to Madrid. I probably with pick up my duffle bag with pack in it in Atlanta, then recheck it. That way I'm sure that we both arrive in Madrid.

I'm full of so much gratitude. I'm glad that I am able to take such a vacation, and that I have a wonderful job that allows it and that I come back to.

I have basically lived on the Camino Forum, and I have learned so much from other pilgrims.
Well, company is arriving shortly -- not the best time for a house guest, but Fran Tittmann is a very old family friend and who knows when I'll get to see her again.

Still trying to learn how to sync photos and GPS waypoints, downloading them to www.everytrail.com. My ID there is thrivingontravel.

Thanks to all of you.

Janet

4 comments:

  1. Yeee-Haaaa!!!!!!!! She's on her way! What an adventure Janet! I'll be waiting and watching for blog posts. Remember, no expectations: mud, rocks, wind, rain. Dust, shale, breezes, sunshine. Scrummy food; yucky food: Nice people, grotty people:
    The camino is just like life - only more intense. Enjoy it!
    BIG hugs,
    Sil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet . . . thinking about you today!
    looking forward to your next message.
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, what a wonderful and serendipitous moment it was for me to have seen you reading "The Art of Pilgrimage" on the flight to Minneapolis! My heart jumped when I noticed your Camino patch on your backpack...you are living the dream of many!! I wish you the best as you become the artist of your pilgrimage...I wish I would have thought to give you my vintage scallop button as a tiny good luck charm. Perhaps your first adventure will be to find a scallop shell? I look forward to following your progress on the Way. Best wishes and Buen Camino.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First steps, Pilgrim. Striding alongside vicariously,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete